1. What made you choose a career in real estate?
After 10 years on the Canadian Alpine Ski Team, I was looking for a self-motivated career that was driven by hard work. Like skiing – what you put into real estate is what you get out of it.
2. What’s the most rewarding part of the job for you?
Knowing I play a key rolein finding my clients a new home to create new memories in.
3. Who are your role models – personally and professionally?
My parents have always had a strong influence on me. My father, former Mayor of Banff, taught me how to work hard, maintain balance and stay true to who I am.
4. What keeps you busy away from real estate?
Although real estate is definitely a 24/7 job, I have a classic Mustang that always needs some attention and I stay involved and give back to the ski racing community as a member of Alberta Alpine.
5. Who or what motivates you?
My clients do – each unique situation keeps me motivated and growing as a realtor.
6. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Creative. Outgoing. Loyal.
7. What’s the most challenging aspect of your career?
That each situation is unique. No two real estate transactions are ever the same and require a unique set of solutions. Although this can be the most challenging part of the job, it’s also why I love what I do.
8. What’s your favourite spot in Calgary?
Ceasar’s Steakhouse is high on my list, however, there’s nothing quite like the top of Canada Olympic Park overlooking the city and the mountains.
9. What’s the best part about being a Calgarian?
It’s a very dynamic city, with so much variety, but stays true to its Western Spirit - and I definitely like my cowboy boots.
10. What’s the best part about the Tonkinson Team?
We are all like-minded, hard working individuals, who complement each other as a well-rounded team.